With the busy lifestyle most people lead, sitting down to a nutritious meal is rarely an option – there’s just no time. Because the body needs the nutrients to maintain health, skipping meals is a bad idea, not only for the loss of nutrition but for weight loss too. This is one of the reasons juicing helps to lose weight. The juices can be prepared ahead of time and can provide all the nutrients that are needed to obtain the weight loss. So how does juicing help people lose weight?What is Juicing?
Juicing is uses a machine which extracts the juice from fresh fruits and vegetables. This results in a liquid being produced that contains the phytonutrients (plant chemicals), vitamins, and minerals that are naturally in the fruit or vegetables. Research shows that juicing allows the body to absorb these nutritious components easier and gives the digestive systems a rest from processing the additional fiber. (However, the body does need a certain amount of fiber a day to stay healthy, so having all the daily meals from juicing is not recommended.)Steps for Juicing
Juicing is a popular weight loss plan for many people who simply cannot get all the recommended servings of fruits and vegetables on a daily basis. There are some great ways to begin the juicing routine:
Foods for Juicing
- Purchase a juicer: There are a variety of them on the market that are excellent choices for juicing the fruits and veggies. If that’s not affordable, a blender or food processor can be used to accomplish similar results.
- Select the ingredients: Dark greens (spinach, broccoli, cabbage, asparagus, and cucumber) can be combined with carrots and other veggies for a healthy drink.
- Add some spices: In addition to adding some great taste, various spices are very healthy, and provide a variety of advantages (and taste) to the mix.
- Drink before meals: Drinking a glass of juice about 20 minutes prior to the meal helps cut those hunger pangs, and provides a healthy dose of those needed vitamins and minerals.
For those wondering which foods to use in the juicer for the best health benefits, consider these:
- Celery and cucumbers are diuretics and help eliminate the water weight.
- Parsley is great for helping prevent gallstones, cleansing the liver, and supporting heart health.
- Carrots are high in beta carotene which is great for protecting arteries, fighting infection, and eliminating bad bacteria from the colon.
- Broccoli has tons of antioxidants and Vitamin C and are an excellent source to help prevent various cancers, such as breast, colon, and lung.
- Cabbage is great for regulating metabolism and helping prevent ulcers.
- Sweet potatoes are a great source for Vitamins B6 and C, potassium, fiber, copper, and manganese.
- Wheatgrass helps prevent cancer, contains more than 20 enzymes, and assorted vitamins.
- Various fruits are great such as:
- Apples have an abundance of antioxidants.
- Pineapple for their anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, and anti-bacterial benefits.
- Papaya for aiding digestion.
- Tomatoes which help fight cancer.
- Cranberries for their anti-viral and anti-bacterial advantages and is very helpful for the urinary tract and preventing urinary infections.
- Assorted citrus for Vitamin C.
Weight Loss Benefits of Juicing
- There are also some great benefits to adding spices to the juice, such as:
- Garlic helps purify the blood.
- Anise reduces gas.
- Basil settles upset stomachs.
- Cinnamon helps stabilize blood sugar.
- Turmeric is an anti-inflammatory.
- Ginger helps lower cholesterol and relieves abdominal cramps in addition to relieving a lot of other health problems from arthritis to eliminating toxins.
Juicing is a great way to lose weight and the ingredients which are chosen are a big factor in the weight loss. In addition to ridding the body of assorted harmful toxins, and getting those much needed antioxidants, anti-viral, anti-bacterial benefits, there are many added vitamins and nutrients.For many people who are juicing, they can lose up to 10 pounds in the first two weeks, and more if they use more raw vegetables than fruits. Most nutrition experts recommend using the fruit juices early in the morning and the vegetable juices throughout the day. They tend to recommend 80% of the juices be vegetables, and 20% be fruits.Why Juicing Works for Weight Loss
The reason this works is that the body is getting rid of a lot of the toxins that are stored in the fat, because their appetite decreases, and they are getting the nourishment the body needs in a more easily digestible form. Since the body doesn’t have to spend the energy digesting meats, dairy products, and breads, the results gives you more energy to do more exercising and lead a healthier, balanced lifestyle.